Wednesday 29 October 2014

University and What the future holds . . .


It's been a really long time since I've done a lifestyle post hasn't it. Well, today a friend and I were talking about what we wanted to do in life after we leave school. As some of you may know, I've just finished up high school and am now attending sixth form - basically community college. I only have so much time left before the real world kicks in and I actually have to put things into action. I do actually know what career I'll be going after for once I've left school, but I've found myself asking, 'If today was your last day of school, what would you do?'

It scares me that I have no answer for that question.

I know where I want to go but I don't know how I'll get there. Through the jumble of looking into different universities and stressing about how exactly I'm going to be able to pay my tuition is just a lot to deal with. Taking out a loan is the last thing I want to do. Being in debt before I've even hit 21 is just not an appealing thought. 

Do I work for a few years before I go?

Do I work while I'm there? But then how is that going to work out with me being an international student?

Do I try to get a scholarship? But what if it doesn't happen, what then?

All these questions just stress me out because I know where I want to go, but I don't know how to get there. I've been looking into universities since I was 14 years old and of the colleges that I've looked into Parson The New School (NYC) and Istituto Marangoni (Milan) for a course in Fashion Design stand out the most to me. I would think that a lot of these concerns would resonate with a lot of people who have been through similar situations.

I guess in the next few years we'll see what happens, but I just don't want to get in a situation where I'm just stuck.

Yes, this post has been way off from the usual. I wanted to share a bit more of myself with you guys away from the beauty and fashion posts and this is a topic that I've been thinking about a lot as the time comes closer to make a solid decision. But, as always, thank you for reading.

If you've attended university, what was the initial process like for you?


I'll talk to you guys in my next post!







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and read all the comments that you guys leave on the blog, so please, leave me your comments/thoughts below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...