Monday 6 October 2014

Mini Makeup Haul



Hello everyone, I have been absent from all thing blogging for two months now. Yes, I do feel bad for having left you guys hanging without a word but just know and try to understand that I needed some time away and now I'm back. It feels so weird to be back blogging after all this time and I hope to get pass this awkwardness and get back into the flow of blogging.

Just yesterday I was out with some friends when I came across some eyeshadow palettes downtown. If you've been reading my blog for very long then you'd know that I haven't been in the makeup scene for too long and am still growing my makeup collection. It'd been a really long time since I'd purchased anything makeup related and I just couldn't help myself. I got one of every L'oreal and Maybelline palette they had - and a mascara.

Here's an overview of what I got.


This is the first time that I've ever been able to get my hands on any Maybelline/L'oreal product just because stores here in Nevis don't usually sell them and the cost of having them shipped here is crazy. So when I saw these, I just had to make them mine.

(504 Subtle Berries, 506 Rose Fields, 804 Autumn Leaves, 824 Landscape.)

Neutrals are my go-to and I like the variety of neutral shades I get from these sets. Prom is coming up and I see myself probably using one of these palettes that night.

(220 Blues, 306 Forest Light, 336 Forest Smokes, 508 Summer Dusk)

Here I have some coloured palettes, nothing too bright.

(20 Blue Blowout, L'oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator)

Lastly, this Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Explosion palette and L'oreal mascara. I've only opened about four - maybe three - of the palettes so far and I've just been messing around with them. In terms of colour payoff I'm really disappointed in the L'oreal palettes as the colours barely show up at first, it takes constant reapplying, I'll see how it is with a primer and get back to you guys. As for the Maybelline palette, I'm shocked at how vibrant the colours are on their own, it doesn't take a lot of reapplications to have a firm show of colour.

With the mascara, I don't really see any signs of lengthening to my lashes, but I do like the glitter end for highlighting my eyelashes.

That's my report for now and thank you so much for just reading this post.

I'll see you in my next post.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and read all the comments that you guys leave on the blog, so please, leave me your comments/thoughts below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...