Wednesday 14 May 2014

Top 5 Tips for Studying

Hey everyone, I know that I've been absent from my blog for a full seven days, but things have just been rather hectic with exams having started. Hope you understand. But, today I'll be straying from the usual beauty/fashion related posting and doing a bit of lifestyle. Today I'll be sharing with you my top 5 study tips.


Image Source

In the past few weeks of hitting the books I've come across a few studying tips that I'd like to share with you guys. Here we go: 


No Music
I know that the title of this tip may seem a bit daunting and unrealistic as many people do listen to music while they study, I did as well, but this tip only applies to people, who, like me use listening to music as an excuse to take a pause in studying or just genuinely get distracted by it. I've gone through the withdrawal of not having music on when I'm study and even tried listening to online study playlist as an alternative, but I just had to let that go because I just cannot stand classical music. You're likely to go through the withdrawal, but it's work it in the end, right?

The Internet is no Longer Your BFF
The internet can be your biggest influencer in getting you to stop studying. Oh, you need to check an email? Isn't that the usual excuse though? Can't it wait?

Pretty soon checking your email can turn into checking out a couple different websites and you leaving your text book high and dry. It's safer to just have your computer and phone out of sight all together. If what you're studying is on your computer or even the internet, just try your hardest not to open any extra tabs.

Don't Put it Off
Don't put off studying if you don't have a valid reason. And no . . . doing your nails is not a valid reason. In the time leading up to your exams it is vital to make the absolute best use of that time so as not to be having a mini anxiety attack the morning of the exam because you know that you didn't study a few chapters and you're just hoping and praying that they don't show up on the test. Trust me, it's not worth it.

Eating Right is Essential
Your body will need a steady supply of nutrients, vitamins and minerals so that you can be focused when studying and doing your exams. Take it from me, my diet has not been the best thing in the past couple of days and it's not safe to feel as if the only thing keeping you going is fumes.

Don't Over Do It
Striving to get top marks is a very admirable quality but, there is such a thing as over doing it - even in studying. It's important that you get a good amount of sleep and that you take a break after a reasonable amount of study time has passed.

Extra Tips:

- Set up rewards for yourself and stick to the reward system. This will really help you to be motivated to study and make it just a bit more fun.

- Setting up a study time table can also be beneficial. Make sure when you do this though, that you set up good times for study. Don't force yourself to adjust to the table, adjust the table to you.


I hope that these tips will help you guys to better your study habits and I'll talk to you guys again soon.

Bye everyone, I wish you guys the best of luck in your exams!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and read all the comments that you guys leave on the blog, so please, leave me your comments/thoughts below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...