Thursday 29 May 2014

Dreaming of Travelling?



I think that it's a pretty common aspiration for people to want to travel the globe. You dream of going to the very top of the Eiffel Tower, seeing Paris like you're on top of the world. You dream of doing that infamous pose with the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 

But . . . think about it. 

Have you actually even made any attempts at making those dreams a reality. Today I realised this as I came across an article on solo travelling. What have I done to make travelling a possibility for me?

Have I been saving? No.

Had I even decided on any specific destinations? No.

It had all just been a blurred daydream that I'd have ever once in all while. Having asked myself these questions, I realised that I probably would've never seen the Sydney Orchestra or walked the streets of London had I not gotten my head out of the clouds and I realised that I actually needed to do something to make travelling happen for me. The post that I read got me thinking - and I'm glad.

I think that many people - including myself - get caught up into the whole 'daydreaming about be away somewhere' and don't actually go through the motions of making any clear decisions. We think 'Oh, I'll go there some day', and then just leave it at that. I felt like I'd been short changing myself at that moment and, like the spontaneous person that I am, I decided that I was going to make a decision right then and there about where I wanted to go. After some thinking and a little bit of googling, I decided on Italy - I'd always wanted to go to Italy (amongst other places ;D)  - it's a beautiful place.


Source

But of course even if I am a spontaneous person, it's not like I could just hop on a plane to have the time of my life. I first needed to plan everything out, and while I'm not saying that I planned out an entire adventure-filled trip to Italy in the matter of a few hours - I at least started something. And besides, I think planning a trip like that should be planned over a longer period so that you can wrap your head around everything clearly.
 
The point though, that I'm really trying to make with all my rambling is to say this; please don't allow yourself to become trapped in the mindset of ' I'll go there eventually'. If travelling is an aspiration of yours, don't put it on the back burner. And, while I'm not telling you to blow all your cash just like that for an impromptu trip across the globe; I am saying to you however to try little by little to make travelling a reality for you.

Heck, I'm no millionaire and God knows I'll need to save up some money before I even set foot  in Italy, but I'll make it happen and that's enough for now.

Another thing, I could not speak a word of Italian before this morning and now I've taken to learning it. If you're in the market for learning a new language at an easy pace I recommend 'Doulingo' as I'd used it to help me with my Spanish before and it's great. I now know a few things in Italian and I can't wait to be fluent. Remember though, if your destination presents a language barrier and you plan to learn that language, don't get frustrated because it does take a while.

Yes, this post does stray from my usual posts, but I felt I had to share this with you. I hope that this has served to inspire someone to start making some solid plans.

Bye everyone, I'll talk to you in the next post!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate and read all the comments that you guys leave on the blog, so please, leave me your comments/thoughts below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...